SIX STREETS DERBY

A VIBRANT, INNOVATIVE AND NURTURING COMMUNITY GROUP THAT ENHANCES THE LIVES OF LOCAL RESIDENTS

Discussions

Forum Home > General Discussion > Parking!

diana b
Administrator

www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/parking-permit-plan-revealed-for-22-streets-in-kedleston-road-area-of-derby/story-29925724-detail/story.html

We're in the paper!

--

November 24, 2016 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom Docker

Jemma Wain at November 21, 2016 at 4:12 PM

Phil at November 21, 2016 at 2:43 PM

The whole thing needs to be looked at again - there should be more than one solution on offer and it needs to be properly researched. The only difference that parking permits will make is that we'll all be at least £25 a year worse off! 

Agreed Phil, but they made it clear that unless they get the forms back to say otherwise, they will  go with themajority and currently the majority are the people who want permits.....

What is the reason for the £25 fee? I'm sure they can just allocate one to each council tax paying house in the area? If it's to cover the cost of production then they can just email me the form and I'll quite happily print and laminate a permit myself.

To me this is just a shameless money making scheme and fails to actually address the issue. I'm genuinely surprised at how popular this solution is. I know, from personal experience, that students generally only go to uni between 9 and 4 each day at which point most of us are out and therefore the parking isnt busy. The congestion typically occurs after 5 each evening when the residents all come home. For this reason I'm strongly against this proposal. Unfortunately I'm away in the weeks so can't attend the consultations, otherwise I'd be arguing against it. To that end can someone please send me the suggestions form and I'll let them know what I think via the written word!

If they do pursue this option as a community we need to know exactly what we get for our money so we can hold the Council to account over it. How do they intend to enforce it? Basically I 'd like assurances that our money is going directly towards this issue and isnt being used to plug a gap somewhere else in the Councils budget. Thats a fair request I think.

November 25, 2016 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil

Anyone know when or how we get the result?

December 5, 2016 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ian & Sarah

The council told me yesterday that the deadline has been extended until 21st December 2016 as they decided to add extra streets to the consulation! I have asked what would have been the result if the council had stuck with their original proposal and kept to the dealine of 2nd Decemeber 2016, as I am interested as what the result will be now that the council have added extra streets and extended the deadline!

I've tried to post the emails on here but for some reason I am unable to do so!

December 20, 2016 at 4:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

diana b
Administrator

Residents will shortly be receiving emails (if you gave council your email address and if they copied it correctly!) as well as leaflets to each household updating us on the Parking Survey.

--

January 11, 2017 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

diana b
Administrator

Brief (and very rough) preview of the Parking Survey results. Across all the Kedleston Rd areas less than 400 households returned the survey. This isn't enough for the process to go ahead. And also majority of people -  226 - said they didn't want resident parking permits.

The council says it will examine other strategies to reduce number of complaints. Many of the returned forms had suggestions to start them off.

They have collated these responses and they will be part of the agenda at next forum meeting - 20th Feb, see calendar for details

--

January 11, 2017 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.